Check out the new weekly feature from the New York Library Association’s Sustainability Initiative: Sustainability Spotlights! A great resource to help make the case for sustainability in libraries with real-life examples, along with some actionable info for New York’s libraries!
“The Sustainability Spotlight is a weekly series that highlights community-driven, environmentally sound, and economically responsible programs and projects in libraries and other organizations.”
As of March 15, 2016 they have posted about:
- Haverstraw Public Library’s Solar Installation
- Sustainability at the J.Willard Marriott Library at the University of Utah
- Schuylerville Green Ribbon School Project
- Adopt Green Power with Grants from EBSCO Solar
- Kingston Library Pledges to Go Green!
- Mt. Kisco Elementary Garden
- LEED-inspired features in the Sojourner Truth Library Renovation @ SUNY New Paltz
- The Return on Investment for Telecommuting Librarians
- Community Responsive Programming → Community Service @ Pawling Library
- At UAlbany Sustainability is a Group Effort
- NYS Aggregated Purchase of Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles